Using Your Library Card
Your library card allows you to check out books, magazines, DVDs, games and seeds.
- Movies and games are checked out for one week at a time.
- New Adult and Young Adult books are checked out for 10 days at a time.
- Seeds are borrowed from the library at any time, with the hopes of seeds being returned at the end of harvest.
- All other materials are checked out for three weeks at a time.
- eBooks and eAudio books available through Bridges are available for residents of Ely and Rural Linn County.
There is a loan limit of 5 DVDs and 50 books per account. Materials can be renewed twice either in person or online, as long as they are not on hold for another patron.
We do not charge fines for return of late materials, however we do charge for damaged or lost materials at the full cost of replacement. For further information, please view our full Circulation Policy.
Get a Library Card
You will need to provide a Driver’s License or a current photo identification with proof of address before your library card can be issued. If the ID is not current a piece of mail with the current address is acceptable.
Applications are available at the library, or you can print and complete the following application and turn it in on your next visit.